During my high school days, I had formulated a mental image of what I projected myself to look like “when I grow up”. Fast forward to today, I’m somewhat grown up therefore somewhat able to look the way I wanted.
All white, always all white. That’s how I envisioned it, particularly with this face.
I am wearing..
Pussy Bow Blouse: Club Monaco
Skirt: Club Monaco
Purse: Vintage LV
Unfortunately, it’s too cold to dress like this now. Toronto has been getting some chilly temperatures already. I guess it’s time to bust out those opaque black tights again! Just as well, because despite my best efforts, the pasty legs just refused to adopt any colour. Softball, jogs and camping apparently weren’t enough to beat them into submission. Summer, you really weren’t that hot, but I’ll miss you anyway.
What are you gonna miss the most about Summer fashion? SHORTS for me.
I am wearing..
Blouse with bow: Club Monaco
Shoes: Nine West
Headband: Hong Kong
One of the many good things about keeping a fashion blog is I feel like I can venture way out of my comfort zone, wear crazy thingies and then write it off as “something to post about on my blog”. For this reason, I’ve felt “empowered” to experiment with a lot of styles, whether it’s androgyny, sickly-sweet, prep or what-in-the-living-heck-is-that. It turns out, I like’em all! My point is, try something new! Know your body and get creative with adorning it.
Maxi skirts were a significant part of my wardrobe during my high school days. I’m at a point in my life now where I’m very much ALL ABOUT THE PANTS, but I can totally live with this maxi business too. I’ll even give you a wink of reassurance.
I am wearing..
Top: Club Monaco
Maxi Skirt: BCBG
Continuation of IMWO: Houndstooth Tuxedo Vest Look#1
Everyone’s belting everything these days, so I belted my vest! Carrie Bradshaw belt, you truly rock my world.
I am wearing
Coat Dress: Vintage – Mom’s Closet
Belt: Forever 21
Glasses: Davis’ Giorgio Armani vintage frames
Yo, Northern hemisphere dudes, we gain one free hour tonight! How / where will you be spending it? I’m skyping with my cousin who’s gone out of town to study.
- I am starting a series called “In More Ways than One”, IMWO for short, because everything in life needs to be acronymed.
- IMWO is pronounced “I M Wo” because trust me, I AM WHOAAAAAA.
- Inspired by the Uniform Project, I will designate an item in my closet as a constant and attempt to create as many different outfits with it as I possibly (or impossibly) can.
- My goal is to explore the potential of my wardrobe and free my mind from constantly wanting to own more and more things. We have too many things.
- I also hope that you, as a witness to my pilgrimage, will learn to look into your own closet with appreciation and intent. Overconsumption is a poison to the mind. We have to be thankful for what we have.
- There are no rules, because rules don’t rule when it comes to fashion.
First up to bat is a houndstooth tuxedo vest from Club Monaco. It came into my possession in the Winter of 2008 when it was on sale. I picked it up because of its rather masculine cut and feel.
So let’s do this. Here we go with outfit #1. It’s nothing earth-shatteringly amazing, but a good work outfit is a good start. The houndstooth and the pattern of the silk scarf make an interesting combination.
Silk Scarf: Hong Kong
Pants: Hong Kong
Shoes: Hugo Boss – my newly acquired work shoes!